Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Correction/Back to School

8 September 2010

8:15 pm PST

Newport, OR

I have a correction to make to my September 6th blog. The machine that we used to measure the chlorophyll was a fluorometer, not a spectrophotometer. I have corrected the post, but I wanted to make sure that I mentioned it in case someone read it the first time. I think that there were so many new to me science terms, processes and technology, that I confused some of the vocabulary at times.

Yesterday was the first day of school for the 2010-11 school year. I have a class of 27 awesome sixth graders. It's going to be a great year. I've already shared many things with my students about my experience on the Kilo Moana and they seem to be really interested. In fact, one girl was so excited about microbes and looking at things through a microscope that she brought in some slides today from home. I love it when I can get students genuinely excited about something - enough so that they want to take their own time to investigate more.


Mrs. Spink

No comments:

Post a Comment